Regulation 22 – SEEMP
Regulation 22 is on SEEMP and states:
- Each ship shall keep on board a ship specific Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan (SEEMP). This may form part of the ship's Safety Management System (SMS).
- The SEEMP shall be developed taking into account guidelines adopted by the Organization.” MEPC Resolution 203(62) Accordingly:
- Each ship more than 400 GT that is involved in international voyages should have a SEEMP on board.
- There is no specific reference to a need for review and verification of a SEEMP’s content. However, its existence on board must be verified.
- The SEEMP should be developed according to IMO guidelines (MariEMS 2017).