“Within ISO 50001, the management review has been clarified and is a requirement. For the review purposes, some inputs to management review meetings are required and some output is expected to be generated. Inputs to the management review include:
- Follow-up actions from previous management reviews;
- Review of the energy policy;
- Review of energy performance and related indicators;
- Results of the evaluation of compliance with legal and other requirements;
- The extent to which the energy objectives and targets have been met;
- The EnMS audit results;
- The status of corrective actions and preventive actions;
- Projected energy performance for the following period;
- Recommendations for improvement.
Outputs from the management review are expected to be items such as:
- Changes in the energy performance of the organization;
- Changes to the energy policy;
- Changes to the energy performance indicators;
- Changes to objectives, targets or other elements of the EnMS.
- Changes to allocation of resources”. (IMO: Module 6. 2016, 21.)