Scope of EnMS
“A shipping company EnMS will include features that need to be undertaken both at head office and on-board ships. The ship-related aspects include:
- Defining each ship’s energy efficiency measures (EEMs).
- Documenting each ship EEMs and their implementation, monitoring and improvement processes.
- Implementation of energy saving projects on-board ships.
- Planning improvement and management of the whole fleet energy efficiency.
- Gathering of fleet (all ships) information with a view to benchmarking and data sharing.
- Analysis and evaluation of actual state of energy use by ships in a fleet.
- Preparation of the SEEMP for each ship and its implementation and monitoring activities”. (IMO: Module 6. 2016, 18.)